Dr Jose Boban K
PhD in Sociology from the University of Kerala Domain Expertise Jose Boban K
M.A. Sociology, University of Kerala
M.S.W from IGNOU
Development induced Displacement
CKRA 169/A, Koonthanam
Kariyam Road , Sreekariyam PO
Phone: 0471 2595312
Mobile : 9847709553
PhD in Sociology from the University of Kerala
Jose Boban K
- Research Papers
- Scientific Presentation
- Professional Associations
- Contributions through Research
- Other Outstanding Contributions
- Academic programmes organized
- Tribal Ethnomedicine: Continuity and Change. New Delhi APH Publishing Corporation, 1998.
- Development-Induced Displacement: Case of Kerala. Jaipur: Rawat Publications.2003.
- Social integration and Communal Harmony. Sriperumbudur: Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, 2008.
Chapters in Books
- ‘Tribal Ethnomedicine: Prospects and Problems’, in Vinodkumar Kallolickal (ed), Medicine and Society. Ernakulam: Dept of History, Maharajas College, 2012.
- ‘Land Reforms and its Social Consequences in Kerala’, in Antony Palackal et al. (ed), Introduction to Kerala Studies. New Jersey: International Institute for Scientific and Academic Collaboration Inc. 2012.
- ‘Development-induced Displacement and Social Exclusion’ in Dilip. K.G and Abraham Vijayan (eds) Facets of Social Outliers. New Delhi: Reliance Publishing House. 2013.
- 2002. ‘Marginalization and Emerging Social Movements in Kerala’. Kerala Sociologist Vol XXX No 2
- 2006. ‘Sociology of Indian Society: A Review’. Kerala Sociologist Vol XXIV No 2
- 2008. ‘Lifestyle Diseases in Kerala: Need for a Proactive Approach to Healthcare.’ Kerala Sociologist Vol XXXVI No 1
- 2008. ‘Kerala: A Haven of Lifestyle Diseases’. Thiruvananthapuram: College Magazine of Loyola College
- 2010. ‘Role of Women Members in PRIs: A Sociological Analysis’. Kerala Sociologist Vol XXXVIII No 2
- Participated and presented a paper on Tribals and Social Development in the context of Kerala in the UGC National Seminar on State, Development and the Adivasi Question held on 2nd & 3rd April 2009, at the Dept of Political Science, University of Kerala.
- Participated, chaired a session and presented a paper on Role of Women in Local Self Government Institutions, in the UGC sponsored, National Seminar on Gender and Development, organized by the School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam on15th March, 2011.
- Participated and made the valedictory address in the two days National Seminar on Social Exclusion and Social Development in India, organized by the Dept of Sociology, KNM Government College, Kanjiramkulam, Thiruvananthapuram on 10 and 11 January 2012.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled Social Consequences of Land Reforms in Kerala in the State Level Seminar held on 3rd December, 2010, on Social Stratification in Kerala Society, organized by the Department of Sociology, Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled BPL Families in Kerala: Challenges and Opportunities in the Srothas Social Science Congress, organized by the Malankara Social Service Society, on 30 and 31 December 2011 at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Life Member, Kerala Sociological Society
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Society
- Supplementary Feeding in ICDS – Present System of Food Purchase, Distribution and Satisfaction of Beneficiaries. This major project was sponsored by the Social Welfare Department, Government of Kerala. (2006)
- Development induced Displacement in Kerala – A Research Project sponsored by Indian Social Institute, Bangalore (2000
- Subject expert, Kerala Public Service Commission
- 2004 – Organized a one day regional seminar of Kerala Sociological Society at Loyola College, Thiruvananthapuram
- 2005 – Organized a three day State Level Annual Conference of Kerala Sociological Society at Farook College, Kozhikode on December 2-4, 2005 on the theme Environment and Society
- 2005 – Participated in organizing a two day UGC sponsored seminar on Professionalization of Sociology in Kerala on 12-13 January at Loyola College, Thiruvananthapuram
- 2006 – As secretary of Kerala Sociological Society organized a three day State Level Conference of Kerala Sociological Society at S N College, Chempazhanthy on the theme Social integration and Communal Harmony on December 1-3, 2006
- 2009 – Participated in organizing a three day Annual Conference of the Kerala Sociological Society on the theme Social Exclusion and Inclusion on November 20-22, 2009 at Loyola College, Thiruvananthapuram
- 2012 – Organized a two day National Seminar on Waste Management in India: Perspectives and Alternatives during 20-21 December 2012 at Loyola College in collaboration with Suchitwa Mission, Government of Kerala.