Dr. Nisha Jolly Nelson
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Sociology
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Sociology, Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram-695 017, Kerala,India.
Telephone no: 91+9868 154406(M)
Date of Birth: 10th Jannuary, 1979 (10-01-1979)
B.Sc Botany, University College, University of Kerala.
M.A. Sociology, University of Kerala
Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Kerala
Community health, Gerontology and Tribal Studies.
1. UGC Post Doctoral Research award for women in the year 2012
2. UGC Net- 2006
3. Prof.Jose Murickan Award for the best paper published in 2010-2012 by Kerala Sociological Society
4. Prof. P.K.B. Nayar Award for best paper presented during the 39th All Kerala Sociological Conference
5. Prof.A.Aiyyappan Gold Medal and Prof. P.K.B. Nayar Gold Medal for securing the highest mark in Sociology at the MA Degree Examination.
Research / Training Experience
Doctoral research, University College, University of Kerala in 60 Months.
Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi university in 36 months
- Nelson, Nisha Jolly. (2012). Book Review in Contributions to Indian Sociology Vol 46, Number 3, October 2012.
- Nelson, Nisha Jolly. (2011). Dynamics of Health Seeking Discourses among Indigenous Population in The Eastern Anthropologist, Vol 64, No.2-3.
- Nelson, Nisha Jolly. Environment and Health: The Tribal perspective. Kerala Sociologist, Vol XXXV No.2.
- Nelson, Nisha Jolly. Health Seeking Behaviour of Tribal women. Kerala Sociologist, Vol XXXII No.2.