Fr. Dr. M.K.George S.J
Fr. Dr. M.K.George S.J
- M.A. in Andragogy, University of Madras. O+ First Rank – 1978 (India)
- M.A. in Sociology, University of Kerala., II Class, – 1988 (India)
- Ph.D. Education-Interdisciplinary – Sociology, University of Pune , 1999 (India)
- Distance Programme in Family Therapy (U.S.A) 2008-09
- Provincial Superior, Kerala Jesuits, Kozhikode, Kerala
- Research Guide, University of Kerala
- Visiting professor at the various Institutes across India.
- Trainer NGO groups, Youth groups, Religious and others.
- Editor ‘ Rajagiri Journal of Social Development’ , India.
Selected Scholastic Contributions
Christ Hall, Malaparamba, Kozhikode 673009, Kerala, India.
- Women’s Empowerment, sponsored by UNICEF, 1995
- Trainers Training, Dept of Adult and Continuing Education, Univ. of Kerala,1989
- Summer Institute in Population Education, Univ. Kerala,1988
- Urban Services for the Poor, Regional Centre for Urban Environmental Studies Hyderabad and UNICEF
- TA 101 and other basic training programmes in Counselling, 1984
- Adult Education: Literacy instructor, Supervisor, Programme Officer: 1980-1982 and 1989- 1992
- Family Counsellor: 1986 – 1989
- Faculty, Sociology Dept., Loyola College of Social Sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala India. Affiliated to the University of Kerala : 1989- 2008
- Principal, Loyola College of Social Sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala, Affiliated to the University of Kerala: 2004-08
- International Visiting Fellow, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, USA : 2008-09
- Director, Indian Social Institute, Bangalore, India.2009-2014
- Research guide, University of Kerala – ongoing
- Visiting Faculty, RGNYID, Deemed University, Chennai
- Director, Loyola Extension Services, 1989-2002 (Honorary)
- Director, Loyola Social Work Projects, Poovar, 1996-2002 (Honorary)
- Consultor to the Kerala Jesuit Provincial 1994-2000
- President and Secretary, Kerala Sociological Society, a term of three years each.
- Member, Academic Council of the University of Kerala 1997-2003
- Member, Board of Education, Archdiocese of Trivandrum, 1997-2003
- Governing Body Member, State Resource Centre, Govt. of Kerala, two terms.
- Youth trainer, Staff Development Programmes, Leadership training programmes, Counselling etc. 25 years
- Printer, publisher and Chief Editor of Loyola Journal of Social Sciences, 1987 on.
- Visiting Faculty, Academic Staff College, Trivandrum, Child Development Centre, Medical College, Trivandrum, seminaries etc.
- Women, Well-being, work, Waste and Sanitation. Sponsored by the European Commission, Delft, Netherlands, 2002-06
- The Tsunami Emergency Assistance Project (TEAP) – Socio-Economic Survey of Self Help Groups in Coastal Areas 2006. For the Department of Fisheries, Govt. of Kerala
- Socio-Economic Study of Thiruvananthapuram and Kollam corporations under the Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project 2004
- Development-Induced Displacement sponsored by the Indian Social Institute, New Delhi. 2003
- Residual Illiteracy in a coastal village. Centre for Development Studies. Trivandrum 2000
- Participatory Development for Water. A joint project with Puthen Initiatives.2008.
- Human Development Approach to Access to Income: A joint project with Puthen Initiative. 2011
- Eleven Action Research Projects : Provided Consultancy through 2011-2012
Select Publications – Books & Chapters in Books
- Extension in Higher Education. – (Co- author) 1998. Published by Vikas, New Delhi
- Development Induced Displacement. (Co- author) 2003. Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
- Chapter on Paulo Freire, Published by Indian Social Institute, New Delhi.
- Thenthullikal. 2007. A book of reflections in Malayalam
- Participatory Development for Water. Co-author. 2009. Loyola Publications
- Human Development Approach to Access to Income : Case Study of NREGA; Co-author published by Rawat – 2012
- Chapter on ‘Women’s Self Groups’ in The Family and the MDGs. Doha International Institute for Family Studies and Development. 2012.
- Family Matters .2013. Published by New Leader Publications
- Sixty Years of Secularism and Pluralistic Democracy:An overview. In Secularism and Pluralistic Democracy in India. Concept Publishing Company. New Delhi.
- Towards a Politics of Change. Co –Editor. 2014. New Delhi: Indian Social Institute.
- Education for Human Capital Formation. Co-author. 2014. Bangalore: Indian Social Institute.
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Society
- Life Member, Kerala Sociological Society
- Life Member, Indian Council of Social Welfare
- Life Member, International Association of Educators for World Peace
- Life Member, International Association of Third World Studies
- Life Member, Kerala Association for Non-formal education and Development.