Dr. Sonny Jose
Dr. Sonny Jose Ph.D. (Social Work) from University of Kerala Chennattusseri, CNRA -21
M.S.W. from University of Kerala
M.Sc. Psychology, Annamalai University
• Life Skills Education
• Interventional Counselling Psychology
• Social Work Research
• “The Best Paper Award” for the research paper “Inmigration in Kerala: A Theoretical Framework” at the UGC Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on Marginalisation of In-migrant Labourers In Kerala organized by the Dept. of Sociology, Vimala College, Thrissur; held on 1& 2 August 2014,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
E mail: email@example.com
Dr. Sonny Jose
Ph.D. (Social Work) from University of Kerala
Chennattusseri, CNRA -21
- Scientific Presentation
- Extension Lectures
- Academic Programmes Organized
- Professional Associations
- Contributions through Research
- Other Outstanding Contributions
Chapters in Books
1. Sonny Jose (2014). The State of Criminal Justice Social Work Education and Training in India, in Francis A. and Chong David (Eds.), “Demystifying Criminal Justice Social Work in India,” New Delhi: Sage.
2. Dr Chitra Venkateswaran & Sonny Jose, (2013), Community Mental Health Initiatives in Kerala: The MEHAC Experience, Social Work in Mental Health: Areas of Practice, Challenges, and Way Forward (Volume 2), Sage India
3. Sonny Jose and Vijayalekshmi V.A. (2013) Strengths-Based Approach to Community Mental Health, Advancing Social Work in Mental Health through Strengths Based Practice, Primrose Hall Publishing Group, Queensland, Australia.
4. Sonny Jose. (2013). “From Childhood to Adolescence” in “Introduction to Kerala Studies”, 2012, Vol.1, ISSAC: New York
5. Sonny Jose. (2011). “Essential Counselling Skills and Techniques, Counselling: An Introduction, New Delhi: BPB Publications.
6. Sonny Jose. (2011). “Developmental Theories for Counselling”, Counselling: An Introduction, New Delhi: BPB Publications.
2.Life Skills Training as a Strengths-based Apporach for Scoial Work Intervention with Vulnerable Girl Children: The Abhayabala Experience” in Life Skills and Maximising Potentials of Youth, Sriperumbudur: RGIYD
2. “Seeing the Other Side: Alternative Ideologies in Working with Indigenous People” at Denovo 2013 – International Conference on International Social Work: Crossing Borders, Building Bridges, sponsored by James Cooke University, Melbourne, Australia, DiST, Angamaly.
3. Challenges and Prospects to Health Care Service in a urban Community- A Case Study of Kerala” at the International Conference on Women and Millennium Development Goals: A Social Work Response, MS University, Vadodara, Gujarat.
2. One Day Workshop on Guidance & Counselling The Challenge of Change : A Vision for the Future “Counselling Process”, 7 June 2013.
3. “Phoenix Rising: Stories of Women Living Positively with HIV/AIDS” at the International Seminar on Ending Gender Violence: From Theory to Practice Sponsored by Centre for Gender Studies, at All Saints College Trivandrum, 18-19 November 2013.
2. ICSW – National Seminar on Social Work Perspectives in Corporate Social Responsibility (2008)
3. ICSW-Rendezvous-’08 (2008)
4. ayushya UGC Sponsored- National Workshop on Holistic Medicine (2009)
5. Ignite ’09: UGC-NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on Best Practices in Higher Education (2009)
6. Livelabs -UGC Sponsored- National Conference on Operationalisation of Field Work Practicum (2012)
7. Life – Two-day ToT Workshop on Life Skills Education (2014)
2. Life Member, International Association of Life Skill Educators (IALSE)
3. Member, Asia Pacific Association of Social Work Educators (APASWE)
2. Coordinated Safetipin Audit on Women Safety for Sakhi/Jagori
3. Team Leader, KSTP-SH-8 Independent Verification Project
2. Member, Editorial Board, Adelaide Journal, RoshniNilaya, Mangalore